Senior Business Analyst
The Business Solution Area is seeking an experienced business analyst to complement the team. The selected candidate will report to the Business Solution Manager or the applicable project manager. It will be part of a small dynamic team which champions an agile way of working.
The purpose of the role is to identify and understand business needs and to transform such needs in functional and technical analysis which lead to the delivery and implementation of IT solutions. The selected individual will have a level of autonomy to work on specific projects with the business team. The role will be the link between the business needs and the IT goals.
The selected candidate shall participate in projects to analyse and develop API solutions, data warehousing and Business Intelligence initiatives and implementation of insurance related apps.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Excellent knowledge of systems’ analysis skills from gathering business requirements; through the development of technical and functional specifications;
- Experience in managing IT providers and contractors towards delivering business requirements;
- Experience in overseeing the development, implementation and quality assurance tasks in the software development lifecycle;
- Previous experience with IT projects to analyse and implement, BI solutions, API and front-end application;
- A proven track record in analysing and implementing IT solutions;
- Knowledge of software development techniques and methodologies;
- Basic Knowledge of software development skills such as JAVA and/or other similar programming language;
- Knowledge of digital insurance or previous experience in financial services will be considered an important asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study;
- Be able to work in an autonomous manner;
- Excellent documentation and communication techniques;
- Very organized with strong time-management skills;
- Strong digital skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Knowledge of other foreign languages (French, Spanish or Italian) highly desirable.
- Creative, thinking outside the box and Forward thinking
- Attention to detail and organised
- Excellent time management
- Problem solving
- Collaborative mind and team spirit
- Services oriented thinking
- Cultural sensitivity
- Flexible and adaptable
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Insurance Executive – French Speaking
The role of an Insurance Executive is to assist the Operations department in a variety of tasks varying from administrative work, internal controls and the technicality of claims handling.
Junior Compliance Officer
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Junior Compliance Executive will be to ensure(...)
Key Account Manager – French Speaking
As key member of the Sales Team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the Key Account Manager (France) will actively support the business strategy of Oney Insurance by developing new and existing(...)
Communications Specialists help businesses by managing all internal and external communication of a company and represent the company to the outside world.