Quantitative Risk Analyst
We are currently seeking a Quantitative Risk Analyst to support the actuarial team with all change management processes and in developing processes and tools to support the analytical needs of the Risk Department.
The Quantitative Risk Analyst shall assist in all data capture, entry and transformation processes and the technical follow up of the Company’s insurance portfolios. The position shall form part of a multi-disciplinary team of risk professionals, reporting to the Senior Actuarial Analyst.
- Optimising data flows within the department, developing dashboards, driving automation and assisting in the development of KRIs for the Company
- Developing and maintaining technical databases and reserving models (including data mapping tables), incorporating new products within the system and developing standard and ad hoc queries through industry standard programming languages
- Compiling data required for actuarial analysis and assessing the quality of such data
- Maintaining a data register for the tracking and follow up of data received from partners and follow up of data quality issues with operational teams and key account managers
- Interpreting data and relevant trends, analysing results using statistical techniques and compiling reports for Management to facilitate decision making processes and product monitoring
- Assisting in the performance of periodic and ad hoc technical analyses and independent reviews across all product lines
- Direct involvement in end user testing of reporting developed for actuarial purposes
- Other tasks as may be assigned within the risk domain as may be necessary
This position requires:
- 2 years prior experience working at a technical level within the insurance sector
- Familiarity with statistical software programs and programming languages such as R software, VBA and SQL
- An advanced working knowledge in Excel and Access Database
A degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, goal orientated and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Natural curiosity to learn and explore an ever-changing Insurance business landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial concepts in a clear and concise manner
How to apply?
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by send us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.