The mission of this role is to be the go-to product expert for the Line of Business (LOB). This will involve market awareness, understanding of policy and product conditions, awareness of the sales and claims processes, an understanding of the distribution model and the surrounding compliance.
The P&C Underwriter will evaluate business opportunities in line with Oney’s business strategy, to define and optimise the insurance product portfolio. This will be done through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technologies, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
As the P&C Underwriter the candidate shall
- Be the ambassador of the line of business to internal stakeholders as well as to external partners (example: Reinsurers, Brokers, Partners, Distributors, etc).
- Apply broad knowledge of the company’s product capabilities and service offerings with in-depth analysis of market position. This to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives in the LOB.
- Be involved in the insurance product development lifecycle management including product planning for required regulatory.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews product terms and conditions.
- Conduct underwriting activities including but not limited to portfolio risk evaluation and pricing considerations (in conjunction with other functions example: actuarial services).
- Design underwriting related remediation action plans, as applicable, to correct or re-direct the profitability of products.
- Promote LOB innovation.
- Conduct insurance product implementation training and support.
- Maintains product benefit tracking and required reporting, including support of, and maintenance of product performance dashboards. Understanding of product data, the Company Business Intelligence Solution and associated product KPIs is a key activity.
- Work closely with Country Managers to create insurance products and early validation of product definitions with the Company’s Clients.
- Implement close collaboration with the Operations department on the technical aspects of the business line including claims management.
- Be the business owner and main stakeholder for new product launches and implementations. This includes cross-functional coordination with other areas to support partners and other internal functions.
Who are you?
- Insurance underwriting and /or related knowledge in the P&C LOB
- Ability to evaluate the technical details of insurance proposals and pricing
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Analytical and result-oriented
- Structured, organised and priority minded
- Versatile and team leader
- Self-starter and customer focused
- English speaking, French will be considered an asset
Studies and experience:
- Insurance studies and or related subjects
- 3 years’ experience as an Insurance Underwriter
- Knowledge of affinity insurance markets will be considered an asset
- International mindset and a natural curiosity for business processes
- Ability to work in a team and cross functionally within a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a goal orientated environment
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
- Health Insurance
- Parking space
- Telework on some days
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2021, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Sometimes we don't yet know that we need you, so we need you to tell us! After all, we always have a place for exceptional people.
So, if you want to work at Oney Insurance but can't find the right job(...)
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Legal officer will be to provide the legal(...)