Partner Reviews Officer
In this role the candidate will report to the COO. You will also be in direct contact with our business partners on the matters entrusted to you and as such you are not only a valuable support to our teams but also a preferred collaborator to our partners!
- Build a scope for partners to review, which scope is aimed at ensuring that the partner adherence to the agreed protocol with Oney;
- Follow an established review methodology to formulate the scope and requirements of the review, conduct onsite reviews at the partner’s site, gather the necessary information and sampling, and product the final review report which includes follow-up actions;
- In the review process, the candidate must:
- Review to the governance structure, internal control framework and organisational set-up of the partner
- Review of insurance related activities including but not limited to:
- The insurance selling practices;
- Underwriting and subscription activities;
- Premium calculation and collection;
- Claims Management (including claims recovery management);
- Complaints handling;
- Commission Management;
- Reinsurance (where applicable); and
- Ancillary processes supporting the above-mentioned processes including record keeping, transaction processing and archiving.
- Ensuring that the partner adheres to the minimum control requirements as defined by ONEY;
- General review of the effectiveness of partner’s IT security measures including business continuity planning;
- Assessment of GPDR compliance;
- Assessment of IDD compliance.
- Conduct review follow-ups to ensure that the action plan agreed is achieved in the timings agreed;
- Insurance knowledge and some prior experience in insurance business. A qualification in insurance is not necessary,
- A versatile auditing profile able to assess processes, IT systems, some regulatory aspects such as GDPR or even IDD.
- Qualified as an auditor or perhaps with more than 3 years auditing experience.
- Excellent English skills in both oral and written. French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese speaker will be a great asset.
- A self-starter,
- Someone assertive but good in transmitting trust and building relationships with partners,
- Able to work alone but also integrate within a team for specific tasks or assignments,
- Organise and lead the Review process,
- Thereupon to manage the post-Review follow-ups and escalations. In doing so s/he would need to source subject matter experts from the Operations Team and possibly from other areas. During the course of normal business, such resources will not report to this profile but during the audit he / she will lead them accordingly,
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- You are not undermined by pressure and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease,
- You identify issues but mostly you take the initiative to propose viable solutions,
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together,
- You have an open mind and able to question your own beliefs to grow and learn and yet be confident in your expertise,
- You are able to embrace our ever growing and evolving environment both from a professional and human perspective.
- You thrive in the melting pot of cultures that is our company!
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Willing and able to travel regularly,
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Key Account Manager
As key member of the Sales Team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the Key Account Manager will actively support the business strategy of Oney Insurance by developing new and existing accounts with(...)