Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Legal officer will be to provide the legal insight, to the different departments of the company, they need so that they can achieve their objectives in respect of the applicable legislation.
You will also be in direct contact with our business partners on the matters entrusted to you and as such you are not only a valuable support to our teams but also a preferred collaborator to our partners!
- Regulatory surveillance
- Organising and following up contractual agreements of the company
- Contractual negotiations
- Drafting and validation of insurance policies, brokerage agreements and third-party administration protocols
- Reviewing and approving insurance distribution processes
- Assisting with litigations
- Handling corporate matters
- Tax advise
- Appointing and corresponding with law firms when required
- Support on Complaints Handling
Risk, Legal & Compliance Department
- successful experience of at least 3 years as a legal officer in an Insurance company, Broker or Insurance Regulatory Authority
- Master’s degree in European Insurance Law (French, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese will be an asset)
- Excellent English skills in both oral and written.
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- You are not undermined by pressure and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease,
- You identify issues but mostly you take the initiative to propose viable solutions,
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together,
- You have an open mind and are able to question your own beliefs to grow and learn and yet be confident in your expertise,
- You are able to embrace our ever growing and evolving environment both from a professional and human perspective.
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
- Health Insurance
- Parking space
- Telework on some days
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2021, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Sometimes we don't yet know that we need you, so we need you to tell us! After all, we always have a place for exceptional people.
So, if you want to work at Oney Insurance but can't find the right job(...)
At Oney Insurance, we develop ultra-personalised solutions for brands, companies, and broker networks in Life and Non-Life Insurance through our two entities: Oney Life and Oney Insurance. Our fast, agile, and(...)