Junior Internal Control Officer
Who we are
At Oney Insurance, we develop ultra-personalised solutions for brands, companies, and broker networks in Life and Non-Life Insurance through our two entities: Oney Life and Oney Insurance. Our fast, agile, and innovative company has been steadily growing since 2008, thanks to our amazing 35 employees. We empower our people to take responsibility of their tasks, in an international environment.
Our small size plays a big part in it. It allows us to be flexible, accessible and responsive, and our size therefore allows us to develop ultra-personalized solutions for the B2B insurance market.
Our belonging to Groupe BPCE & Auchan Holding is no little matter either.
For many years Oney has been the preferred partner of the Group’s large retailers (Auchan, Leroy Merlin, Norauto, Boulanger), but also non-partner brands specialized in e-commerce.
Oney Insurance is growing, and we are searching for a Junior Internal Control Officer who will be involved in ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance. The Internal Control Officer will push for standardization and consistency across the different departments and business lines.
Your main tasks as a Junior Internal Control Officer would include:
- Assisting the Risk Team in the analysis of risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the organisation and develop preventive strategies;
- Assisting in Risk and Internal Control Team in developing risk based internal review plans;
- Conducting regular internal reviews to verify whether departments follow the established procedures;
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks;
- Ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, documentation, operating practices and processes;
- Completing review work by documenting review tests and findings and communicating such to Management by preparing a final report;
- Appraising adequacy of internal control systems by completing review questionnaires;
- Maintaining internal control systems by updating review programs and questionnaires, participate in formulating new policies and procedures where necessary to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency;
- Adding value and improve the Company’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes;
- Monitoring operating results and verify the accuracy of its accounting and audit trails;
- Safeguarding against potential fraud or abuse, and seek to identify breakdowns in internal controls;
- Reviewing operations related to facilities management and recommends new policies and procedures to minimise risks;
- Preparing special review and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarising operating information and trends;
- Exercising the highest professional care in carrying out review audits; and
- Any other internal control duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Company
Who are you?
Studies: Advanced Diploma (or equivalent) in Finance, Audit, Insurance or Risk management.
Experience: Successful experience of at least 1 year in an internal control or in a risk management environment is considered an asset.
Language: Professional level of English. A working knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
IT Skills: Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- Comfortable in working within an international team,
- You are not undermined by pressure, and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease,
- You have a strong analytical mind and give attention to detail
- You must have the ability to see the bigger picture
- You are a problem solver;
- You should keep abreast with regulatory changes and industry standards;
- A goal-oriented mind is a must for this position.
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together,
- You embrace in our ever growing and evolving environment both professionally and from a human perspective.
- You are able to promote the value of internal control among key employees within the Company.
What are the Terms of your employment?
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
- Health Insurance
- Parking space
- Telework on some days
What are you waiting for?
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by send us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Sometimes we don't yet know that we need you, so we need you to tell us! After all, we always have a place for exceptional people.
So, if you want to work at Oney Insurance but can't find the right job(...)
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Legal officer will be to provide the legal(...)