Junior Compliance Officer
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Junior Compliance Executive will be to ensure compliance of the activities of the company and different departments with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal recommendation and company policies.
You will also be in some cases in direct contact with our business partners and members of the executive committee of the company on the matters entrusted to you and as such you are not only a valuable support to our teams but also a preferred collaborator to our partners!
Compliance & Legal Department
- Regulatory and compliance monitoring;
- Screening and approving website content and marketing promotions;
- Ensuring that relevant sales journeys are in compliance with applicable legislation;
- Handling complaints;
- Work with the Head of Compliance to ensure group companies and external partners comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- Assisting the Head of Compliance on Annual Compliance plans;
- Ensuring that compliance related policies are fully implemented within the company;
- Assisting in organisation of trainings internally or with external providers;
- Preparation and drafting of reports on compliance performance for the Board.
- Handling any other compliance or paralegal duties which may arise.
Prerequisites: Successful compliance experience of at least 2 years within the insurance or reinsurance sector
Education: As a minimum, Diploma in Insurance, Law or Finance
Language: Excellent English skills in both oral and written
- You must have a very strong eye for detail and be able to hit the ground running quickly;
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload;
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives;
- You are able to work under pressure;
- You identify issues but mostly you take the initiative to propose viable solutions;
- You have an open mind and are able to question your own beliefs to grow and learn and yet be confident in your expertise;
- You are able to embrace our ever growing and evolving environment both from a professional and human perspective;
- You thrive in the melting pot of cultures that is our company!
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Insurance Executive – French Speaking
The role of an Insurance Executive is to assist the Operations department in a variety of tasks varying from administrative work, internal controls and the technicality of claims handling.
Key Account Manager – French Speaking
As key member of the Sales Team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the Key Account Manager (France) will actively support the business strategy of Oney Insurance by developing new and existing(...)
Communications Specialists help businesses by managing all internal and external communication of a company and represent the company to the outside world.
Senior Business Analyst
The Business Solution Area is seeking an experienced business analyst to complement the team. The selected candidate will report to the Business Solution Manager or the applicable project manager. It will be part of(...)