We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support our finance team in the implementation of the company’s financial strategy and to assist in the timely production of financial, management and statutory information while ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment. In the short term the Financial Analyst will focus more on the effective implementation of IFRS17. The position shall form part of a multi-disciplinary team of accounting professionals, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for IFRS17 implementation
- Preparation and submission of Solvency II reporting requirements
- Assistance in monthly reporting to the Group, preparation of monthly trial balances, management accounts and associated reports
- Assistance in the technical follow up of insurance programs
- Assist in the automation of accounting processes and reports
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations of all the technical accounts and follow up of outstanding receivables
- Preparation of IPT declarations, payments and related reconciliations
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of financial performance internally, to Group and Board of Directors
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years in Insurance sector
- A self-starter,
- Someone assertive but good in transmitting trust and building relationships with partners,
- Able to work alone but also integrate within a team for specific tasks or assignments,
- Organise and lead the Review process,
- Thereupon to manage the post-Review follow-ups and escalations. In doing so s/he would need to source subject matter experts from the Operations Team and possibly from other areas. During the course of normal business, such resources will not report to this profile but during the audit he / she will lead them accordingly,
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- You are not undermined by pressure and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease,
- You identify issues but mostly you take the initiative to propose viable solutions,
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together,
- You have an open mind and able to question your own beliefs to grow and learn and yet be confident in your expertise,
- You are able to embrace our ever growing and evolving environment both from a professional and human perspective.
- You thrive in the melting pot of cultures that is our company!
- University accounting degree or equivalent ACCA qualification
- English speaker, fluent oral and written. French is an asset
- Good knowledge of IFRSs (knowledge of IFRS-17 a big plus)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, goal orientated and ability to work within strict deadlines and minimal supervision
- Willing to learn and explore innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Team player and committed to the success of the team
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Insurance Executive – French Speaking
The role of an Insurance Executive is to assist the Operations department in a variety of tasks varying from administrative work, internal controls and the technicality of claims handling.
Junior Compliance Officer
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Junior Compliance Executive will be to ensure(...)
Key Account Manager – French Speaking
As key member of the Sales Team and reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the Key Account Manager (France) will actively support the business strategy of Oney Insurance by developing new and existing(...)
Communications Specialists help businesses by managing all internal and external communication of a company and represent the company to the outside world.
Senior Business Analyst
The Business Solution Area is seeking an experienced business analyst to complement the team. The selected candidate will report to the Business Solution Manager or the applicable project manager. It will be part of(...)