Data Analyst & Programmer
Who we are
At Oney Insurance, we develop ultra-personalised solutions for brands, companies, and broker networks in Life and Non-Life Insurance through our two entities: Oney Life and Oney Insurance. Our fast, agile, and innovative company has been steadily growing since 2008, thanks to our amazing 35 employees. With more than 2 million policies in force, our BtoBtoC business model has been developed over 7 European countries so far.
We empower our people to take responsibility of their tasks, in an international environment.
Our small size plays a big part in it. It allows us to be flexible, accessible and responsive, and our size therefore allows us to develop ultra-personalized solutions for the B2B insurance market.
Our belonging to Groupe BPCE & Auchan Holding is no little matter either.
For many years Oney has been the preferred partner of the Group’s large retailers (Auchan, Leroy Merlin, Norauto, Boulanger), but also non-partner brands specialized in e-commerce.
The primary responsibility of this role is ensuring that data and information is maintained and managed in its completeness, accuracy, and integrity. The success of the role means assisting in the analysis and development of products in the core information system and their respective ongoing support. As the main technical lead in the production of management information, it is also the responsibility of this role to maintain to the highest standards the applications and solutions which produce business intelligence and management information.
Your main tasks would include:
- Provide First-line support for incidents and consultations for system matters.
- Assist in the requirements gathering, analysis, setting up and maintenance of the insurance products in the insurance business system.
- Technical lead and First-line support in the Business Intelligence (B.I. Tool).
- Ability to update basic java code and maintain the code in repository.
- Translate business needs into technical specifications for the B.I. Tool.
- Generate reports and trouble shoot reports when required by business.
Who are you?
Studies: Advanced degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Experience: Successful experience of at least 2 years in a similar position
Language: Professional level of English is required. A working knowledge of French will be considered an asset.
• Basic knowledge in Java
• Basic SQL knowledge
• Basic knowledge of GIT repository system
• Working knowledge of BI technologies
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- Be comfortable in working within an international team,
- You are not undermined by pressure, and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease
- You have a strong analytical mind and give attention to detail
- You must have the ability to see the bigger picture
- You are a problem solver
- You are curious by nature and keep yourself updated on industry standards and regulatory changes
- A goal-oriented mind is a must for this position
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together
- You are able to embrace our ever growing and evolving environment both from a professional and human perspective
- You are able to promote the value of internal control among key employees within the Company
What are the Terms of your employment?
- Indefinite contract
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
- Health Insurance
- Parking space
- Telework on some days
What are you waiting for?
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by send us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
Sometimes we don't yet know that we need you, so we need you to tell us! After all, we always have a place for exceptional people.
So, if you want to work at Oney Insurance but can't find the right job(...)
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Legal officer will be to provide the legal(...)