The Actuarial Analyst shall support the actuarial team in all data capture, entry and transformation processes and the technical follow up of the Company’s insurance portfolios.
The position shall form part of a multi-disciplinary team of risk professionals, reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. The Actuarial Analyst is responsible for participating in all critical internal actuarial processes and shall have an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s primary business lines and technical product characteristics.
The Actuarial Analyst shall be the internal point of reference for the definition, maintenance and updating of actuarial data working cross functionally to steer data quality initiatives throughout the Company
- Compiling data required for actuarial analysis and assessing the quality of such data
- Performance of periodic and ad hoc technical analyses and independent reviews across all product lines
- Interpreting data and relevant trends, analysing results using statistical techniques and defining/compiling reports for Management to facilitate decision making processes and insurance portfolio monitoring
- Assisting in the application of reserving techniques and running reserving models to compute best estimate and ultimate loss ratios as key inputs in the financial technical provisioning processes
- Developing and maintaining technical databases and reserving models (including data mapping tables), incorporating new products within the system and developing standard and ad hoc queries through industry standard programming languages
- Optimising dataflows within the department, developing dashboards, driving automation and assisting in the development of KRIs for the Company
- Defining and reviewing the quality of data required for actuarial analyses and building data governance processes together with other functions to secure and improve the quality of insurance data
- Responsible for end user sign off of reports developed for the Actuarial Function
- Computation and monitoring the Solvency Capital Requirements of the Companies
Finance & Actuarial Department
- Familiarity with statistical analysis programs, and programming languages such as (R software, VBA and SQL) and advanced knowledge in Excel and Database Access
- Familiarity with statistical modelling techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, goal orientated and ability to work within strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or Financial Risk Management
- At least partial completion of certification in actuarial science and previous experience in the insurance industry
- Excellent English skills in both oral and written.
- Be great at connecting with people and understanding their needs and demands and at the same time be able to communicate your own imperatives,
- You are not undermined by pressure and you keep a cool head allowing you to meet deadlines with ease,
- You identify issues but mostly you take the initiative to propose viable solutions,
- You understand that we expect great achievements on your own but that the greatest results come when people work together,
- You have an open mind and are able to question your own beliefs to grow and learn and yet be confident in your expertise,
Terms of Employment
- Indefinite contract
- Willing and able to travel
- Offices based in Sliema, Malta
- Salary depends on experience, profile and qualification
- Health Insurance
- Parking space
- Telework on some days
If you are interested in forming part of our forward-looking team, apply by sending us your CV quoting the relevant vacancy title to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.
NCPE Equality Mark Certificate
In 2018, Oney Insurance was awarded the NCPE Equality Mark by the Maltese National Commission for the Promotion of Equality. The Equality Mark Certificate is awarded to companies/organisations who have gender equality included in their values, and whose management is based on the recognition and promotion of the potential of all employees – irrespective of their gender and caring responsibilities.
Sometimes we don't yet know that we need you, so we need you to tell us! After all, we always have a place for exceptional people.
So, if you want to work at Oney Insurance but can't find the right job(...)
Partner Reviews Officer
In this role the candidate will report to the COO. You will also be in direct contact with our business partners on the matters entrusted to you and as such you are not only a valuable support to our teams but also(...)
Legal and Compliance being at the centre of many of the crucial decisions of the company our role is to ensure legality and compliance of our activities.
Your role as Legal officer will be to provide the legal(...)